Knowledge day Topology Optimization March 2 and 9
In complex engineering problems, particularly with multiphysics, the multitude of boundary conditions quickly becomes too complex for engineers to oversee. At the same time, the maturing of Additive Manufacturing has...
In complex engineering problems, particularly with multiphysics, the multitude of boundary conditions quickly becomes too complex for engineers to oversee. At the same time, the maturing of Additive Manufacturing has increased the solution space by allowing geometries unobtainable or too costly with classical methods.
A novel design methodology to address these challenges is Topology Optimization, where mathematical optimization algorithms are used to generate geometries that best fit the objective, boundary conditions and constraints set by the user.
The goal of these DSPE knowledge days is to familiarize participants with the subject of Topology Optimization: the state of the art, the possibilities and limitations, and perhaps most importantly: examples of practical cases from industry where optimization has already been successfully applied to solve precision engineering problems.
Speakers Day 1
- Fred van Keulen (TU Delft): Optimization and precision engineering
- Fred Huizinga (ASML): Topology optimization of a main support frame
- Marco Swierstra (Femto): High-speed rotating impeller
- Gerrit Oosterhuis & Tim Wubbe (VDL-ETG): Horizontal air shower for a wafer handler
Speakers day 2
- Rein van der Mast (Fontys): 3D print your parts to increase their speed
- Floris van Kempen & Emiel van de Ven (TNO): Design & testing of optimized space hardware
- Elwin Boots & Arnoud Delissen (MI Partners): Optimization and AM of a high-precision motion stage
- Alex Redwood (Additive Industries): Expanding the design space in additive manufacturing
Are you interested in this DSPE Knowledge Day? Please, send an e-mail to email@example.com for registration and more info. Thanks!