Gas Bearing Workshop 2023
March 27, 2023 Courtyard Hotel Düsseldorf.
Since many years the Gas Bearing Workshop has been establishing a forum for the gas bearing community. Scientists,
research engineers, users and manufacturers/vendors in this field are invited. Experts in gas bearings are going to present new applications and leading edge R&D. There will be the
opportunity for discussion and for personal contacts. Once more the program reflects the wide application field of gas
bearings. On the one hand papers will deal with gas bearings to achieve extreme precision in motion, on the other hand papers examine components that achieve a stable bearing of high
speed rotors. Almost all bearing technologies will be covered in the papers, the spectrum ranging from aerostatic to aerodynamic, from rigid geometries to foil bearing designs. As in the preceding workshops, the program committee tried to consider most of the relevant activities in western Europe, adding one important
manufacturer from the US. I am looking forward to meeting you at the 5th GBW 2023 in Düsseldorf. We hope that this workshop will generate impulses and inspiration for scientists and engineers. In addition to that, the program committee wants to present a stage for new personal, scientific and business contacts.
Chairman of the 2023 Gas Bearing Workshop
Program committee and chairman
- Wolfram Runge (General Chair) Berliner Hochschule für Technik
- Jos Gunsing (Chairman Program Committee) MaromeTech/Dutch Society for Precision Engineering
- Farid Al-Bender KU Leuven
- Ron A.J. van Ostayen Delft University of Technology
- Ronald Schnabel VDE/VDI-GMM, Offenbach am Mai
• Joep Nijssen, ASML Veldhoven, The Netherlands
• Robert Liebich, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
• Federico Colombo, Politecnico di Torino, DIMEAS, Department
of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Turin, Italy
• Wim Van de Vijver, LAB Motion Systems NV, Leuven, Belgium
• Drew Devitt, New Way Air Bearings, Aston, USA
• Duc Ha, Omega Dot Ltd., Worcester Park, UK
• Jürg Schiffmann, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
• Elia Iseli, Fischer AG Präzisionsspindeln, Herzogenbuchsee,
To register for the Gas Bearing Workshop 2023, please visit the homepage under www.gas-bearing-workshop.com.
Workshop attendance €340
Table top exhibition (Including one ticket) €500 + VAT
Payment for registration, including bank charges and processing fees, must be made in Euro.
The workshop fee has to be fully paid in advance by credit card. Your registration can only be confirmed if VDE-Conference Services has recorded receipt of your full payment.
In case of cancellation, provided that written notice has been given to VDE-Conference Services before February 27, 2023, the registration fee will be refunded less a handling fee of € 80.00. After February 27, 2023, no refund will be made.