The purpose of this website is primarily to give an introduction to thermomechanics for precision engineers. And secondly to be a starting point for mechanical engineers in the quest for knowledge how to solve thermomechanical problems, as well as to get an understanding how thermomechanics affects a mechanical design.
Since this is a website by engineers for engineers, we are happy to receive your comments on this website. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
List of calculators:
(remind: the calculators will be opened in a popup window, and if you want to open a different calculator it will be displayed in the already opened popup window)
- Lump Mass model - steady state Calculate the temperature of a model with multiple bodies connected with conduction, convection and radiation couplings.
- Lump Mass model - transient Calculate the temperature of a model with multiple bodies connected with conduction, convection and radiation couplings. The steady state temperature situation and the temperature distribution in time can be calculated.
- Radiation Two bodies transfer heat via radiation to each other and to the environment.
- Gas conduction Calculate the thermal conduction between two bodies, separated by a gap filled with gas.
- Thermal deformation Calculate the deflection of a multi layer strip due to temperature.