Gas Bearing Workshop 2017
27 March 2017
Gas bearing technology is essential to fulfill a number of precision engineering tasks. The workshop intends to present and to discuss a representative state of the art of gas bearings in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
This second workshop shall bring together,
- manufacturers and vendors of gas bearing components
- companies employing gas bearings
- companies that supply gas bearing based machine tools
- scientists and researchers who are working on gas bearings.
Within a one-day workshop the state of the art as well as the requirements from an application point of view will be presented in short talks and discussions. There will be time for informal talks. The workshop wants to establish a network of gas bearing engineers with the goal to intensify the communication and cooperation between manufacturers, users and scientists.
• Henny Spaan, IBS Precision Engineering, Eindhoven
• Christoph Hahm, Technische Universität Ilmenau
• Jack van der Sanden, ASML Research, Veldhoven
• Matt Reck: PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P. Auborn, MA, USA
• Marius Nabuurs, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
• Michael Mayer, Robert Bosch GmbH
Within the workshop facilities we offer the possibility of making use of a table-top exhibition.
Wolfram Runge, Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin (General Chair)
Jos Gunsing, Avans University of Applied Science Breda, member of the Board DSPE (Chairman Program Committee)
Farid Al-Bender, KU Leuven
René Theska, Technische Universität Ilmenau
Ron A.J. van Ostayen, Delft University of Technology
Ronald Schnabel, VDE/VDI GMM
Eric R. Samson, Senior Policy Advisor Bilateral Cooperation & Innovation, Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
The workshop is supported and facilitated by the Consulate-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Düsseldorf. One of the aims of the Consulate-General is to support Dutch and German cooperation.
Contact for information
VDE/VDI-Society Microelectronics, Microsystems and Precision Engineering (GMM)
Stresemannallee 15, 60596 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)69 / 63 08 - 227, E-Mail